Saturday, February 17, 2018

GRS Theater: Super Business Girl

Long-time readers know how much I love child entrepreneurs. This probably stems from my own experiences having kid-sized businesses when I was young. Whatever the reason, I can’t get enough stories of kids who build their own businesses and learn to take charge of their lives from a young age.

Here, for instance, is a 2014 story about Asia Newson, an 11-year-old girl from Detroit, Michigan. She runs a company called Super Business Girl.

Asia, who must be fourteen by now, has help from her parents but she’s the driving force behind Super Business Girl. Together, they manufacture and sell what their website describes as “the world’s best candles“.

Asia’s poise and entrepreneurial savvy have garnered a lot of attention. The founders of one Detroit start-up incubator believe she has a better understanding of business than most adult entrepreneurs. They’re helping her develop her skills. In return, Asia is teaching what she knows to other kidpreneurs.

Here’s Asia’s January 2015 appearance on Ellen, which sheds some more light on this young businesswoman:

“My daddy was a candle salesman,” she says. “He also made candles. He taught me and I loved it, loved it, loved it.” More than making candles, Asia loves selling them. Her enthusiasm is infectious. I wish that when I was a salesman for so many years, I had loved it the way she loves it! I might have been better at the job.

Asia has grand ambitions. She wants to go to college, become a lawyer, become mayor of Detroit, and then become President of the United States. I think she just might meet all of those goals. I wouldn’t bet against her!

For now, though, if you’re in the market for some candles, go check out Asia’s online store at Super Business Girl.

The post GRS Theater: Super Business Girl appeared first on Get Rich Slowly.

Via Finance http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment